“This is the place!”That was the phrase Brigham Young may or may not have said about the Salt Lake Valley. To those weary pioneers, the prospective valley was desolate. Few trees, unfamiliar landscape, and a giant undrinkable lake made up their new home. The work to create their new life in thisunfamiliar territory was diﬃcult, dangerous, and time consuming.
Having come to RM, you, too, may be in unfamiliar territory. Perhaps you are curious, questioning, or concerned. We desire to help. Our goal is to lead you to embrace truth. The choice of what is true is not up to you, but what you do with that truth is. We pray God’s truth shines brightly..
- You claim to exalt Jesus, but do you teach Jesus as He’s taught in the Bible? (John 1:1-3; Hebrews 1:3-8)
- Are you proclaiming the same God of the Bible? (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6; 45:5; Numbers 23:19; Hosea 11:9)
- 1 Nephi 13:23-29 says that precious promises were removed from God’s Word. But (Matthew 5:18) says God's Word will not pass away until all is fulﬁlled. How do you explain that?
- Is conﬁrming truth through your emotions biblical? Or even wise? (2 Peter 1:3; Proverbs 28:26)
- Is it biblical to pray that the Book of Mormon is true? (Psalm 119:18; Acts 17:11)
- Will Joseph Smith rise from the dead like Jesus did? If not, how do you explain D&C 84:1-5? If so, does that make Joseph Smith equal with Jesus? (1 Timothy 6:13-16)
- Are you proclaiming the true path to exaltation and salvation? (James 4:10; 1 Peter 5:6; Eph 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
- 2 Nephi 25:23 says, “for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.” How much can you do? (Isaiah 64:6, Ephesians 2:1-3) How much righteousness is enough? (Micah 6:6-7; Matthew 5:20) Isn’t grace, by deﬁnition, a free gift? (Romans 3:24; 2 Timothy 1:9)
- You’ve testiﬁed that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. But are you testifying to truth? (John 17:17)
- If Joseph Smith is a true prophet, how is it that he made multiple false predictions? (Compare D&C 84:1-5; D&C 87:1-8; D&C 88:87 with Deuteronomy 13:1-5; 18:20-22)